As a working mom, things don’t always go as planned. Some days are indeed harder than other. One of the ways I TRY to stay sane and happy is by embracing imperfection.
When my son would cry a lot in the first few weeks, my sister once told him – “It’s not that bad.” That phrase stuck with me. I constantly remind myself that it’s okay when things don’t always fall in place and that its often not as bad as I may think it is.
After all its okay that…
- My bathroom has a few strands of hair on the floor and some times much more than a few strands J
- I still haven’t figured out what I want to be when I grow up
- I don’t exercise or meditate as much as I’d like to
- I like to eat French fries and anything with potatoes in it
- I can’t always remember birthdays but I try and do my best
- I am not with my baby 24/7 as I work full time
- I sometimes take longer to finish things that I originally planned for
- I can get over emotional and sensitive over small things
- I haven’t responded to all the emails in my inbox (but I will at some point)
- I sometimes get angry, irritable and impatient
What is important is for me to be aware and connected with my thoughts, feelings and values and make choices from that place of knowing, embracing where I fall short and not kill myself over wanting to be perfect.
Thank you my lovely sister for this wonderful reminder:-)