Last week, I received Lindsey Mead’s post on “things that make me happy” in my inbox. I love her writing, her honesty, her vulnerability and am so grateful for everything that I have learnt from her. I sometimes nod my head in agreement and feel like I am listening to a dear friend talk when I read her posts and on other days her writing make me feel that I am less alone in my struggles and dilemmas. Sometimes, I wish I lived next door and could have a real conversation with her. Most importantly, I am grateful she inspired me to start writing!
Here are a few things that made me happy this past month –
- Walking to Vivaan’s daycare after work and noticing the fresh, crisp air touching my face.
- Watching his big bright smile when I see him and yell out – “Vivaan – Mama is here.”
- French fries
- Deep & vulnerable conversations with close friends knowing that I am cared and loved for despite my imperfections.
- Hot tub with vivaan, several times this past month!
- Telling Sumit – “ You look handsome” after he came back from his haircut
- Watsapp messages with hearts, smileys and lots of pictures from my family
- 8, 9 and 10 hours of sleep at night in a warm, cozy bed and feeling rested the next morning even though my sleep was interrupted
- Freshly squeezed orange juice
- Being able to fit into one of my favorite dresses and the ability to smile at my new mommy belly:-)
- Watching the sunset on a lake
- Home cooked food
- Texts, emails and messages from blog readers
- Writing hand written notes to people who matter
- Watching Elle Luna talk about her book – The crossroads of should and must
- Having the time, support and desire to write this blog and share my voice
What’s made you happy lately?